[ic] IC won't update templates

Bill Loughlin interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 17:18:01 2001

The interchange site I am building does not accept changes to page
templates. I started by creating new templates based on the included
LEFTONLY templates. I have tried editing the copied template component
files manually, and by using the admin utility.

Editing files by hand produces no visible changes in IC. I can save
changes to the template components themselves, but the IC store does
not recognize the changes, even after using the "Apply Changes" feature.

Editing through the admin utility then pressing "Save" produces one of two
results. Either I get a "500 Server Error" response, or the browser loops
back to the same template edit page minus the content. These two
response occur with relatively 50-50% frequency. Sometimes I am able to
preview changes to the template files when using the admin utility, but I
can't save changes.

Now I am unable to revert to the original Foundation templates. IC will not
display the content of the original templates when they are selected.
Pages display only their specific content with no banner or nav elements
included.

I can successfully save changes to any other part of my site. I have
re-installed the catalog and IC several times, and checked all
permissions. Suggestions?