[ic] Still Clueless

Wed Aug 29 17:54:01 2001

Quoting Frederick R. Matzen (fmatzen@home.com):
> umask = 022 like you thought.
> tried configure again. Exact same error.
> IC is a really nice looking app but I think it might be better if someone
> who knows unix installs it.

We cannot repeal the UNIX permissions setup.

Bottom line -- if you have permission to modify files, it will
work. If you don't, it won't.

It sounds to me like you are in some sort of a virtual host chroot
jail where you are constrained by quota or other things.

The fact that you cannot read your parent path (that is the
source of the FindBin error) says that something bizarre is going
on. There is nothing we can do; indeed, I would be interested to
see if you can install *any* program that is not just a simple
file-copy-and-edit setup.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Unix version of an Outlook-style virus:
It works on the honor system. Please forward this message to everyone
you know, and delete a bunch of your files at random.