[ic] Credit Card Info

Mon Dec 3 22:48:00 2001

> Okay, I've been trying to figure out how to get my credit card info
> encrypted for a good part of the day now.  I see the below workaround, but
> read about two hours of debate later on in the thread.  I would love to
get
> pgp installed and working on my machine but I've run into two problems.

This is how I do it using GnuPG.

Install GnuPG on the box that will be used to receive and decrypt the
orders.
Then create a key pair on this box.

Export the public key as an ascii file.

Import this public key on the interch users ring on the server using:

gpg --import [filename.asc]

(as the interchange user)

(Obviously GnuPG must be installed on the server)

Then edit catalog.cfg and add the encryptor key to the line:

EncryptKey 67A8567A

Also the e-mail address for orders in catalog.cfg should be the same as the
keys e-mail.

Re-start IC and it should do the rest.

Simon