[ic] Products.txt

Tue Dec 4 09:23:01 2001

On Mon, 3 Dec 2001, Jim Webster wrote:

JW>>I have a script that writes new products to the products.txt automatically.
JW>>
JW>>This file is a TAB delimited file.  To make revisions easier, how can I make
JW>>IC read this file with a comma "," or pipe "|" between each value.

Others will probably correct me.

It seems to me that if you do that you will break a lot of other things and
cause massive headaches.

It seems to me to be easier to teach your script to insert a CTL-I (or 09)
between the fields. Then, nothing gets broken.

-= Jim =-

Tagline for Tuesday, December 04, 2001 at 09:20 AM:
Entropy isn't what it used to be.

This Linux System has been up 210 hours