[ic] RE: products.txt

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Dec 4 12:58:00 2001

Jim I am a newbie but I think I may be able to help here, even though I may
be proven wrong by the more experienced.

I have read that TAB delimited is much faster than comma delimited, and a
little faster than pipe delimited.

I have chosen TAB delimited, but what I do is I open products.txt in
microsoft EXCEL. I don't known what OS or software you have but EXCEL will
allow you to open TAB delimited .txt files in your typical spreadsheet view,
edit the records and then when you close and save just be sure when
prompted, NOT to save with "excel features". in others words whatever
software you may use will try to save your file product.txt with little
bells and whistles (from THAT program) which you don't want.

This works great for me. I have also noticed in the directory "uploads"
there is a porducts.xls, I don't know if you can get IC to read directly
from an excel file but that is curiosity for another day.

Hope I helped

Paul Jordan