[ic] Static Pages listing items by sku - rephrased

Tue Dec 4 15:57:00 2001

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 10:54:58AM -0800, Patrick J. Walsh wrote:
>     You're asking for a tag that somehow magically displays an item, but
> there is no such beast.  However, you can create a page which displays
> information about a particular item in any way you want.  For example, to
> show the price and description of item with sku "sku0123" you could do this:
>
> sku0123, [description code="sku0123"], is now at the low price of [price
> code="sku0123"]!
>
>     Look through the docs.  The 'code=' parameter can be applied to a bunch
> of tags, iirc.  I think you can get any field from the products table for a
> particular product simply by doing this: [field code="sku0123"
> name="fieldname"].  If you want to make a single tag that spits out some
> kind of formatted information then, as someone else said, you need to create
> a usertag.
>
> ..Patrick

I **still** don't get the static vs dynamic thing.  Am I dense or what?
If it is a static page, hand coded, then what's with the tags?  That's
not static.

Do you mean a finely crafted, hand tweaked page for sku0123?  Just
make page 'sku0132.html' and put it in your pages directory.  IC
will pull that **static** page rather than a dynamic flypage.  Or you
can use PageSelectField.   Even in those cases you will still
probably want an [order] tag or some such.

Or do you mean you want to include a dynamic, random image within a
static page **outside** of IC, like a server side include?  You can
do that too.