[ic] One/Two Step Purchase?

Orko interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 15:47:01 2001

> IC can be slow or fast.  Payflow to Verisign is going to be the slow
part.
> I don't understand that part of the question: about fast?  (Don't
worry,
> I'm the stupid guy that complains when he can't understand the
question.

As far as fast goes, I was referring to being 'fast' to conversion.
Getting the user to a purchase with the minimum amount of actions as
possible.  Sorry I wasn't clear on that ;)

> You did not say what the two page subscription model looks like.
There is
> nothing particularly odd about it.  We ourselves use a 4+ page
checkout,
> trying to keep everything "above the fold".  Look at mv_successpage,
> mv_failpage, mv_nextpage and profiles for flow control.

Thanks, I'll take a look at those.  I've set up IC using the foundation
tools demo, and am having trouble seeing how to accomplish the two-page
subscription.  From what I see, there are submits required from the user
to login, put an item in their basket, checkout, and finalize.  Is there
code already out there that handles gathering the user data from the
first page and 'prefilling' the cart with a preselected item?  I'm
looking to have only one POST to get the user to the receipt page for CC
transactions.

These people are coming from our software with URL parameters that tell
us who they are (our own accounting information from our central
Accounting DB) and what they want to buy (based on if they are
freetrial, paid, or advanced users - they just go up to the next level).
Logging in should be automatic, using their email address with no
password(is this possible?).

A way to do this may become clearer when I look at the docs for the
variables you suggested.  I just don't want to reinvent the wheel (or
suffer another brain cramp from trying to hack this all out with only a
week of experience in IC) :)

I've read through almost all of the docs, and we may go with a spread
out 3+ page checkout.  I'm just getting prepared to do the impossible,
which always seems to be requested two days before the deadline :)

-- orko

IMPOSSIBLE: Something that takes a little longer to accomplish.