[ic] Segmentation fault

Dan Browning interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Dec 7 16:28:01 2001

> Hi,
>
> still have the same problem when trying to start IC 4.8.3
> Operation system:  Mac OSX 10.1.1
> Perl: 5.6.1
>
> I tried everything :
> - Upgraded perl from 5.6.0 to 5.6.1
> - Installed IC 4.8.3 again.
> - Searched the archive an tried the workarounds and
>   set the Variable MV_DOLLAR_ZERO  to 0,1 or interchange in
> interchange.cfg
>

> but nothing helps.
>

> perl -V gave following output:
>
> Summary of my perl5 (revision 5.0 version 6 subversion 1)
> configuration:
>   Platform:
>     osname=darwin, osvers=5.1, archname=darwin
>     uname='darwin localhost 5.1 darwin kernel version 5.1: tue oct 30
> 00:06:34 pst 2001; root:xnuxnu-201.5.obj~1release_ppc power macintosh
> powerpc '
>     config_args='-des -Dfirstmakefile=GNUmakefile
> -Dldflags=-flat_namespace'
>     hint=recommended, useposix=true, d_sigaction=define
>     usethreads=undef use5005threads=undef useithreads=undef
> usemultiplicity=undef
>     useperlio=undef d_sfio=undef uselargefiles=define usesocks=undef
>     use64bitint=undef use64bitall=undef uselongdouble=undef

> Any help or tip is welcome.
>
> regards,
>

> Goetz Verdieck

Does the perl 'make test' run cleanly?  I hear that is the telltale sign
of a good perl build.  Also, did you build 5.6.1 yourself with the
latest compiler for your platform, or did you find a new binary
somewhere?  Also for your perl modules that are used by IC, do their
tests run cleanly as well?  Do you want to post a trace of the core dump
and see where perl is barphing at?

Just throwing ideas out there.

Dan Browning
Kavod Technologies