[ic] Session ID keeps changing

Kevin Walsh interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Dec 9 08:12:00 2001

> When an item is added to the cart the basket comes up with the item in it.
> This works fine. But the contents of the cart gets dropped as soon as I move
> from this page, no matter what I do. Whether it's re-calculating the cart
> (if I update quantities) or if I go to a different item the contents of the
> cart is lost. I think that the session ID is changing because for some
> reason IC thinks I'm a different person. I don't know why cookies don't
> override the problem. I added 'Cookies Yes' and 'CookieDomain mydomain.com
> www.mydomain.com' to my catalog.cfg file, but it didn't make the slightest
> difference.

Your CookieDomain directive is invalid.

Try setting 'Cookies Yes' along with 'CookieDomain .mydomain.com'.
Notice the leading dot in the CookieDomain and the fact that only
one directive argument should been specified.

In fact, if your domain is the same (www.domain.com) with just the
http/https protocol change, then the CookieDomain directive is not
required at all, although the Cookie directive is still required.
It doesn't hurt to have it declared though, as long as you have it
set correctly.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin@cursor.uk.com