[ic] Setting up SMTP, order e-mail sent to me but not to 'customer' BUG?

Sun Dec 9 10:14:31 2001

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 09:36:46AM -0500, AddAction New Media wrote:
> Are your DNS records setup correctly? You might receive the "store" e-mail
> because it is the same server, but the "customer" e-mail might be misguided.
> Check your mail log.
>
> Anton

> After finding no documentation on how to deactivate sendmail.  If you don't
> put anything it defaults.  I looked into the Util.pm (interchange/lib/Vend)
> file and I understand enough about whats happening, but don't know how to
> fix it or workaround it.
>
> Search for SendMailProgram
> you'll find this line:
>
> my $using = $Vend::Cfg->{SendMailProgram};
>
> Following this line you'll see a check to see if SendMailProgram=none or
> Net::SMTP
>
> Following this I set my Sendmailprogram variable in interchange.cfg to none
> , also tried Net::SMTP
>
> Doing this I got the orders to seller e-mails working.
>
> Why aren't the e-mails to customer working?
>
> I noticed in the code in Util.pm following, still tried to send the
> customers message via sendmail thinking the path to sendmail was Net::SMTP
> or none instead of setting up a function to send it instead via SMTP.  While
> the orders to seller code didn't.

It's not likely sendmail or ic bug.  No matter, you need to learn how to
debug your own installation.

Break it down chunk by chunk.

You've already looked around in Util.pm.  Just add some logging to see if
it really gets the customer email at all and then work upstream or down.
   ::logGlobal("whatever you want");