[ic] nested if else (PS thanks Patrick)

Paul Jordan interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Dec 13 11:04:01 2001

Hi guys, Thanks for all the help with the multiple columns on results.html.
I used Patricks because some of the other used perl and I am not that
familiar with it yet. After tinkering with Paricks though I was able to get
3 columns to display. Man I learned alot yeaterday, I even figured out how
to filter my results using the NEGATE tag stacked.  Soon, I am gonna be able
to answer YOUR questions ! hehe, maybe not :)

Yesterday, I ran into something that has been bothering me. In the docs it
says you can't nest if-else statements. Is this true? I have done it,
actually in several locations in IC. The fact that it works might just mean
it works on my machine. you know?  Basically I have somehting to the effect
of:

 [if scratch column == 2]
    [then]
      [set column]0[/set]
    [/then]
       [else]
	[if scratch column == 1]
                   [set column]2[/set]
                       [else]
                          [set column]1[/set]
                       [/else]
            [/if]
      [/else]
  [/if]

Should this work? or is this unreliable? (the "if-else" inside the else
tag). I might give that table-organize tag a go. But as I said, I have done
this elswhere. should I not? I am using IC 4.8.1

Thanks again guys

Paul jordan