[ic] Running Interchange w/ a seperate secure server

Jason Kohles interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Dec 17 16:13:00 2001

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 03:59:19PM -0500, Jon Jensen wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, Jason Kohles wrote:
>
> > Having been a Mac programmer in a previous life I can safely say that just
> > getting perl running on a Mac is an exercise in frustration, once you do
> > figure out which port you need and get it installed it lacks some very
> > basic functions (the biggest problem for interchange is a really odd
> > implementation of the Socket module), and the fact that the last release of
> > MacPerl was in 1998 doesn't help much either...
>
> Actually, Chris Nandor recently released the second beta of Perl 5.6.1 for
> Mac OS. See macperl.com for details.

I knew that was going to come back to bite me.  At the time I wrote that I
tried to confirm it at macperl, but all their web server would give me were
blank pages, so I went with what was on perl.com, even though I suspected it
was out of date.  So I stand corrected.  (happily, if it lets me dust off my
old Performa and put it to use =) )

--
Jason Kohles                                 jkohles@redhat.com
Senior System Architect                      (703)786-8036 (cellular)