[ic] cp order.html ../store

Mon Dec 17 18:15:01 2001

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 06:00:21PM -0500, Jim Balcom wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Dec 2001 hhh@springboardgroup.com wrote:
>
> >>I've received quite a bit of help so far, and I appreciate everyone
> >>who has taken the time to respond.  I have one more question about
> >>order forms.  The order form inside the administrative tool is _exactly_
> >>what we need as part of our store.  Any thoughts on how to set this up?
>
> In my experience, checkout.html can be changed rather easily. It does
> require some knowledge of HTML to do it, and it does require a bit of
> 'crawling inside Mike's head' to make it work.
>
> Make a back-up copy of to stash away somewhere and then start experimenting
> and trying things. If you screw up too badly, you can always bring in the
> back up and start over.
>
> Through such experimentation I was able to add 4 fields of demographic
> information that gets saved to the userdb file. I was able to allow them to
> plug in a Coupon Code for discounts. (I've not done anything toward making
> it re-calculate. That comes at the cash register.)
>
> Through such experimentation I've learned how easy it is to store credit
> card information in the users file and to bring it up for them on their next
> visit. NOTE that I said that I have learned how easy it is. I've not done
> it, I won't do it, nor will I tell anyone else how to do it.
>
> The first Murphy's Law that I ever learned was from a college Physics prof:
> "If in doubt, try it out." Make frequent back ups and get in there and
> explore.

Thanks for these ideas, I figured that I would have to do some in-depth
customization - which is fine, so far everything else has been taken care for
me.

I welcome any other ideas or advice for a "Customer-space" dynamically
recalculatable order form.

Thanks again,

Seth Stone
Springboard Communications, Inc.