[ic] Need help with ic tags, creating dynamic javascript menus

Jason Balicki interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Mon Dec 17 21:22:01 2001

Ian Riddler wrote:

> Mike Heins did a very good Tips and Trick article on 22 Sept.
> It works nicely for multiple-level categories.

Mike also doesn't like JavaScript, from what I can tell from the
archives. :)  I understand why, and I'll probably change my game
plan, but I started on this and I CAN'T STOP until it's working.
It's a psychosis, really.  My OCD demon.

> I hope this helps, and I'd be interested to hear how your js work goes.

It'll definately be filed away for future use.  Thanks.  You can see
what I've
got now at http://www.asi-computers.com/cgi-bin/asistore but, like
before, it only wants to work with Netscape 4.7x (I'm using 4.78 at
home, and that's all I've been able to use.  Doesn't work with IE,
Mozilla
or Opera.  I'm batting 1000.  Grrr.)  At least I've got the menu's
building with the right arguments now, and the links even work w/
Netscape!

Any JavaScript tips would be great, but, alas, that's not what this
list if for.  :)

> Ian

Thanks again,

--J(K)