[ic] upgrading interchange & foundation files...

Steffen Dettmer interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Dec 19 06:39:01 2001

* sphen wrote on Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 20:35 -0500:
> this is a pretty straight forward question and wondering if anyone knew an
> answer.
>
> my store is based on the foundation template but we have made some changes
> to a few files in it.

Did you made a copy or cvs checkin before? Then I would recommend
that you make a patch by diff -Nur or so and patch it into the
new tree. Or you can make a diff over the foundation, i.e. with
CVS from the development Repository and patch this into your
tree.

> the base directory (/usr/local/interchange in my case).  Is there a way to
> find out what files in the foundation directory actually contain changes
> from the last version?

With CVS, you need the release Tags of the releases you are
useing, then try
cvs diff -u -r old_release new_release > old_new.patch

but on conflicts, this will fail, so a local Repository with your
store may be more easy, depends on your changes, since CVS marks
the conflicts in the sources.

> are these files that have been updated?  if so whats the deal with the
> "//.~."?!

Maybe this are just some backup files?

oki,

Steffen