[ic] Wich linux distribution ?

Bernino Lind interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Dec 20 11:44:01 2001

I can recommend FreeBSD.

Im a normal user with no great experience or anything.

I installed FreeBSD from a cdrom, did a make update of the system, which
updates everything via the net, solves conflicts and makes sure
everything is stable and good.

Then I did an install of the apache with all sorts of mambo needed to
run the interchange mysql etc...

Then an install of various perl libraries via CPAN.

With all of the above there were no error&trial, it just worked!

Then I was up and running!!! In something like 2 hours.

I learned about the ICL language and the admin UI how to change
interchange and in 1 day (!) I had a complete e-commerce site with my
kind of layout.

Now, thats really a good experience I had!

//nino