[ic] item-field and interpolate

Bob Ramstad interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Dec 20 15:19:01 2001

Howdy.  I'm working from the basic foundation catalog and trying to
customize it for my application.  Challenging, but when progress is
made, it's a good feeling.  (Seems a lot of folks feel that way.)

(I'm a digester, so if you send a response to the list and to me
directly, I'll be able to get this fixed faster.  Thanks in advance
for CCing me directly.  Yow.)

flypage.html has the following line:

[item-field comment]

which displays the value of comment for the current item.

For various reasons, I would like to include ITL tags in the comment.
(To be specific, I want to imbed imagemaps into the comment to add
some additional navigation.)

The odd thing is that I can't seem to get Interchange to interpolate
the result.  I've tried:

1) changing that line to

[item-field comment interpolate=1]

Interchange doesn't like this, and instead of outputting the value of
the comment field, outputs the tag.

2) changing that line to

[item-field interpolate=1 comment]

Same deal.

3) changing that line to

[perl interpolate=1][item-field comment][/perl]

Contents of the tag vanishes completely and doesn't show up in the
HTML source.

4) towards the start of flypage.html, changing

[fly-list code="[data session arg]"]

to either

[fly-list interpolate="1" code="[data session arg]"]

OR

[fly-list code="[data session arg]" interpolate="1"]

doesn't force interpolation either.

I also looked around a bit in the UI trying to see if there was a
simple way to tell Interchange to always interpolate the value within
the products::comment field, but I couldn't find anything.

Anyone?

-- Bob