[ic] Limiting access to item by user

Collin Condray interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 12:31:00 2001

I have a problem that I hope that Interchange can solve.  We have a
client that has two different sets of items to sell on their website.
One set of items is retail items for the public, anyone can order from
this set of items.  The other is a wholesale list of items that can only
be accessed by our client's few dozen or so wholesellers.  Our client
needs to be able to limit who can see an item in the wholesale list by
wholeseller so one wholeseller cannot see what another wholeseller is
able to buy.

I've seen a couple of references to wholesale items in the documentation
  but they seem to be geared only to lowering the price depending on how
many items you buy.  I've also read about how to limit access certain
files but I don't see how to translate that into limiting access to items.

Is there anything built into Interchange that I am missing that allows
me to do this?  If not, does anyone have any suggestions on approaching
this problem?

To let you know my technical background and experience with Interchange.
   I have set up 2 or 3 working Interchange stores for other clients by
modifying the default store and have made a few minor customizations .
however, I am not an Interchange expert by any means.  I am a fairly
good Perl programmer though.

Please let me know if I can provide any more information about my
problem.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

--
Collin Condray
Webmaster