[ic] using Suexec

Tony Fraser interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Dec 23 13:58:00 2001

On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 12:40:52PM -0500, Rick Bragg wrote:
> I am using IP Aliasing, and SUEXEC.
>
> My catalog is "Unavailable" and I can't find any documentation as to how
> I should troubleshoot this.
>
> When I build a catalog, I get this message:
>
> "chown sampledata.xls: No such file or directory"

I've never seen this error before, but it does not look serious.

> The catalog is owned by user "catalog"
> I run suexec as user "interch"
> I run makecat as root.
>
> I get no errors when I start the interchange server.
>
> Any help would be great!!
>
> Thanks
> rick

I believe that Suexec will refuse to run a cgi program that is suid. If
you are sure that the link program will get run as interch via Suexec you
should be able to:

chmod u-s /path/to/your/link.cgi

You can check if this is actually happening by examining you Apache error
logs.