[ic] More problems with Spreadsheet Export

Joachim Leidinger interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Dec 23 14:48:00 2001

cfm@maine.com wrote:
[DEL]...
> > Neither uses DBD::Excel.  <------   That's the ticket, I stand corrected.
>
> For future reference, someone using DBD::Excel or Spreadsheet perl
> modules to access same files will run into issues here:
>
> >From Spreadsheet::WriteExcel.pm:
> =item * Move to Excel97/2000 format as standard. This will allow
> strings greater than 255 characters and hope fully Unicode. The
> Excel 5 format will be optional. This will be in the next major
> release of the module. All other features are on hold.
>
> This is limit it package Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::Worksheet.pm:
>     my $rowmax                  = 65536; # cfm change from 16384 in Excel 5

I'm unsure! Are you talking about

p5-Spreadsheet-ParseExcel-0.2403 Get information from Excel file

?

Thanks!

Joachim Leidinger

--
Hans-Joachim Leidinger | Dipl.-Phys.Ing. Entwicklung eCommerce
[Hans-Joachim.leidinger@bpanet.de]