[ic] Interchange Support Forum <Oh My

AddAction New Media interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Tue Dec 25 00:49:01 2001

Admin,

I will comment on this only one time.

AddAction.net does provide web hosting, which includes Cpanel, and therefore
Interchange is pre-installed. We promote Interchange software since we think
it is a great package that should be available to MORE people. Support seems
to be a key issue in this and we hope to contribute by sponsoring this
forum. Just like Redhat we advertise our services, but the forum is OPEN to
everybody, including other web hosts or developers. We will setup a category
were people can request and offer Interchange services, since there is a
need for it. This forum will be in the view of the open source license and
therefore unbiased towards any member or company.

I invite you to join and help other (especially new) users of Interchange.

Anton

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com]On Behalf Of
Admin
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2001 11:22 PM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Subject: RE: [ic] Interchange Support Forum <Oh My

And here I thought it was a great idea, until a non- Red Hat company
attempted it and them exploited as I thought would be the case when reading
this thread :(

To have a forum (yes great idea) and then have it maintained by
non-Interchange company was my concern (unless the purpose was to bash
interchange with another system). Now I see this attempt and see it contains
an AD ("Powered by AddAction.net - Interchange Web Hosting") on the top is
perplexing as why add personal gain to the situation, especially to
expressly advertise one of the commodities that the traffic generated would
produce.... So that is why you seem so gung ho to create another "cookie
cut" forum and name it quickly and expose it to gain company exposure...
this aint a newbie crowd.

I know you mean well, but how 'bout a Red Hat maintained forum, with a few
moderators from Interchange dev crew, maybe create a development category
that they can keep folks tagged on the new development and get interactive
user feedback and contributions.