[ic] FORUM - instead of Mailing List

FixtureFactor.com interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Wed Dec 26 14:07:01 2001

My 2 pennies....

The list is really convenient in that you do not have to GO anywhere to
see what is going on....
The search system really STINKS.... You cannot find anything in my
opinion.

I think the forum works really well, AS LONG AS lots of people frequent
it.....if no one is looking at it, then you arent going to get any
replies and answers to your questions.

I must say the board has been great in helping me get going.  I think
they can work good together and if everybody will support both, I think
it would be great.  My suggestion, post easier topics on the forum and
discussions that are not as technical, and post the harder technical
questions to the board so everyone gets it and for emergency problems
too.

Anyway, that's all I have to say....

Aaron

-----Original Message-----
From: interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com
[mailto:interchange-users-admin@interchange.redhat.com] On Behalf Of
AddAction New Media
Sent: Wednesday, December 26, 2001 1:40 PM
To: interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com

Barry,

It is not one or the other. E-mail list and forum has its own
advantages. I
don't know how familiar you are with the Forum software these days, but
works very well. You can subscribe and unsubscribe to a Thread. This way
you
get e-mail notifications if something new was posted. So, you would see
the
e-mail for the topic you are interested in and not a "newbie" questions
you
have seen 1000 times before. This will reduce your e-mail load :-)

Besides this, we are working on a Knowledge Base FAQ. This should work
real
well for general topics so that new users don't have to ask the same
question over and over again. (the search system for the "Mailman" list
does
not work very well.

NOTE: The new forum is in NO way to compete or make this list disappear.
It
is just a way to promote the Interchange software by giving more support
those who need it.

Regards

Anton

The Forum is at: http://interchangeville.com/forum