[ic] Search: unique not working - for me either

Martin Abell interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Thu Dec 27 16:59:01 2001

I saw several comments about trouble with the mv_unique, and thought I'd add
my experience (Interchange version 4.8.1).  I had the following code for an
in-page search:

[search-region
    prefix=subcats
    search="
    fi=products
    st=db
    sf=category
    se=[scratch catgy]
    rf=subcategory
    un=1
    tf=subcategory
    "]
[search-list]
Subcategory: [subcats-field subcategory]
[/search-list]
[/search-region]

Based on the data I was searching and the number of times the word
"Subcategory:" would display from within the search-list, I was sure the
search definition was OK.  But the name of the subcategory WOULD NOT
DISPLAY.  I'm yelling because of the frustration of many hours reading the
archives and docs.

Then I put a space in (rf =subcategory) and the subcategories printed!?!
(rf=* worked too.)  BUT THEN, un=1 no longer had an effect.  So I gave up
and used the "item-change" construct to pop up the unique subcategory
designations.

If this helps anyone, good.  If anyone could help me understand (or maybe
send Advil), I'd appreciate it.

Martin Abell
SpeedSpan