[ic] FORUM - instead of Mailing List

Boyd Lynn Gerber interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Fri Dec 28 18:23:25 2001

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, AddAction New Media wrote:
> What if the forum sends out an e-mail digest of the posts once a day of the
> Thread you have subscribed to?
>
> Would that not serve the crowd?
>
> Anton

No. I want the email not a digest of emails.  The Caldera (SCO) newsgroups
have a email list that is gated...  All emails to the list are also posted
to the newsgroup and post to the newsgroup are then feed to the email
list.  There is not duplicates.  I would almost nerver look at your forum.
But if you did something like the way the SCO newsgroups are done.  Then
and only then would it really be useful.  Those of us that refuse to be
bothered with the web would get your stuff and those on the forum would
get the stuff from the list.  Contact me privately if you would like more
information on how this is done.

Good Luck,

--
Boyd Gerber <gerberb@zenez.com>
ZENEZ	3748 Valley Forge Road, Magna Utah  84044