[ic] Install HELP!!!!!

Jason Kohles interchange-users@interchange.redhat.com
Sun Dec 30 13:08:01 2001

On Sun, Dec 30, 2001 at 11:18:16AM -0600, Monte wrote:
> Yes I have it in it's own directory if you look you can see I did a ls
> command that listed all the dirs and then a cd to interchange_4.8.3 then ran
> ./configure
>
> Something has to be screwy in the Makefile.PL I have looked it over and see
> where it is getting caught in the loop at, but I do not know perl well
> enough to fix it.

It appears you have found a bug.  In looking at the code it will fail if the
install directory matches the source directory, but doesn't anchor the regexp
at the end, so it thinks /home/monte/interchange is the same as
/home/monte/interchange-4.8.3.  I'll check in a fix for this, but in the
meantime you can work around it easily enough by renaming the source directory
to something that does not start with 'interchange', such as ic-4.8.3...

> Is there a version of 4.8.2 I can download somewhere maybe this is a bug in
> 4.8.3.
> Or is there a way to configure this by hand? If so where could I find the
> instructions at?

Going to 4.8.2 won't help, as this bug seems to have existed since at least
4.6...

--
Jason Kohles                                 jkohles@redhat.com
Senior System Architect                      (703)786-8036 (cellular)