[ic] Another MIME issue for attachments, filenames

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 04:01:41 -0500

Quoting Randy Moore (ramoore@axion-it.net):
> At 11:38 PM 1/31/01 -0800, you wrote:
> >Hello Randy,
> >
> >Here is the code used when attaching the credit card info in it's encrypted
> >form.  This is present in the file:
> >
> >CAT_ROOT/etc/report
> >
> >[tag op=mime
> >   interpolate=1
> >   type=application/pgp-encrypted
> >   description="CreditCard_[value mv_order_number]"]
> >[value mv_credit_card_info]
> >[/tag]
> >
> >The 'description' field is what sets the filename from what I see.  Good
> >luck!
>
> Hi Ron,
>
> Yes, that works for Outlook, but not for Eudora.  Attachments with proper
> filenames under Eudora seem to have an extra MIME header like:

A cheesy hack is to do:

[tag
	op=mime
	type=text/plain
	description=|
A file I want to send
|]

That is based upon the fact that the last thing in the header
is description. You could append any header (except Content-Type
and Content-ID).

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock