[ic] SSL ocassionally drops basket

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 06:45:34 -0500

Quoting Murray Gibbins (Murray@scotweb.ltd.uk):
> Joel Stewart wrote:
> >
> > Help!!!
> > Has anyone come across the basket intermittantly dropping its contents when
> > going to another domain for SSL.
>
> yes, I'm tearing my hair out about it now :-)

You simply can't stop this in all cases when you have different
servers. There is an FAQ on it, and it has been gone through many
times before.

The most reliable method I have seen is to make all order operations
secure, i.e.

	[order code=os28007 secure=1]Order now![/order]

That way if the browser gets confused, it will at least have the items
where they should be.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon