[ic] Datamining with Interchange

Phillip A. Ryals support@admiralexpress.com
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 08:41:21 -0600

Hi all,

I'm new here, and I hope this hasn't been asked before...

I'm looking at Interchange to replace my company's current ecom software.
It's a proprietary/unstable piece that I'm not allowed to touch (it's in
another state).  The best option (and I've investigated many) is to create a
new one.

The problem is that we have a proprietary system that all business runs on.
Our current software interfaces through a gateway to get realtime customer
pricing (via contracts) and a real system order number.  The nice thing is
that it's all done for us, and we can just pull the order up in the system
as if customer service put it in themselves.

I'm curious whether Interchange might be adaptable to this type of
environment.  It would mean somehow linking it to a gateway that it could
query for pricing.  Also, when the order is placed, Interchange would need
to let the order go through to our system (attaching the account number as
the method of payment) instead of processing the order itself.

I hope someone might be able to help.  We might even need a consultant.  I'm
not terribly strong in perl, and that might be where I'm going with this.

Thanks for any comments/suggestions!
-phillip