[ic] Accessing MySQL tables other than the default 'products' table using the search tag

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Fri, 09 Feb 2001 19:55:15 -0800

> > Here is our table/db setup in our catalog.cfg:
> >
> > Database        products        products.sql    dbi:mysql:interchange
> > Database        products        USER    <mysql user>
> > Database        products        PASS    <mysql password>
> >
> > Database        product_detail        product_detail.sql
> > dbi:mysql:interchange
> > Database        product_detail        USER    <mysql user>
> > Database        product_detail        PASS    <mysql password>
> >
> > Another quick question, is this the only to declare tables (from the same
> > database) for Interchange?  Hoping to see if there is a better way to do
> > this.
>
>Yes, AFAIK. Suggestions for improvements ?

Script to automatically generate dbconf/pgsql/xyz.pgsql file from an
existing table/database.  That would be going from SQL->IC.  (I understand
that IC already has the ability to generate IC->SQL commands?)

How does one get interchange to generate the SQL "CREATE TABLE..." commands
from the above db configuration?  (It seems that the demo catalogs build
their dbs automatically, but I can't seem to make my own db's build
automatically).  I have to manually CREATE TABLE... *and* put the data into
a dbconf/pgsql/table.pgsql file.

My $0.0172 (adjusted for inflation),

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com