[ic] Europeanization of IC

Stefan Hornburg racke@linuxia.de
10 Feb 2001 12:56:37 +0100

Greg Cope <greg@rubberplant.freeserve.co.uk> writes:

> Stefan Hornburg wrote:
> >
> > Hello, IC users !
> >
> > Although IC has support for localization and other stuff that suits
> > users allover the world, it is still a product with the main focus
> > on the American market (at least this is what I think).
> >
> > My company is greatly interested to fill in the gaps for users
> > in other countries, especially in Europe. As I'm visting Akopia with
> > an other IC developer in my company in the near future, I would
> > like to hear from you what do you miss from IC now in this respect.
> >
> > These points I will discuss there. Besides that CNS will work on
> > this stuff even if Akopia isn't interested in it now.
> >

> An "pro" European improvements would be great - not saying that
> interchange in not great ;-)

I would like to compile a list of possible improvements first,
then discuss with Akopia what to do about it.

For each point, I see the following scenarios:

A) Akopia implements it. The patch goes into CVS, most likely
   into the development branch.
B) Akopia doesn't like it or would not bother to implement it
   => either my company (CNS) or another IC hacker may
   implement it. The patch goes first into the LINUXIA branch.

Later on, we can decide if it is worth to produce an addon
to IC containing code from the A and B scenarios.

Bye
        Racke

--
LinuXia Systems && Cobolt NetServices, eCommerce and more
Shop- und Datenbanklösungen mit MiniVend, Firewalls auf Debian-Basis