[ic] Want to use new module/library in embedded Perl code

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Sat, 10 Feb 2001 19:40:44 -0800

At 03:34 PM 2/10/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi, I have downloaded and installed a new module for my perl compiler.
>This module is referred to as JVM, it allows a programmer to access Java
>code from within their perl code.
>
>The module installation has worked great and I have been able to write
>Perl code that executes Java code.
>
>Unfortunately when I try to use this JVM library/module in embedded perl,
>I get errors.  Is there a particular perl file I should include the
>use Jvm;
>line in so that my embedded perl code can access this library?

If I'm correct, the embedded perl code is run through the Safe module,
which would understandably restrict your usage of a JVM
module.  (Otherwise, an exploit allowing user-entered data to be executed
within Safe would be able execute arbitrary Java code -- even more
dangerous than arbitrary perl executed in Safe).

 From what I understand, a global UserTag isn't run through the Safe
module.  Read up on UserTags and put one in interchange.cfg that uses your
JVM.  That might work.

Dan Browning, Cyclone Computer Systems, danb@cyclonecomputers.com