[ic] No code for currency in orderlines or transactions

Marc Villeneuve marc@inuzite.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 10:33:44 -0500

Thanks for the hint Stefan, I applied it and I am on my way to solving the
whole thing in a week or two.

I will contact Akopia`s  team to try to submit these patches for currency
handling. As a non-american (german ?) yourself, do you disagree from the
way I want to solve this whole mess? I really would like your opinion on
this. 'ricans have great qualities, but they have such a huge internal
market ready to buy (280 M people), that handling 2-3 different currencies,
is not their priority. Being Canadian, and even worse, being a Quebecer
(latin people, read frenchman like) where we as a people are really pissed
when we don't get served in our own language and money, I have got to solve
this whole thing before I can push Interchange as a solution.

What I am trying to figure out, is: is this a general problem? Or mine
only? If it is mine only I will not bother Akopia with it, and I will keep
these patches for myself.

Otherwise:
I will add a variable to catalog.cfg to set handling multi-currency on/off,
and modify every currency handling for orders to be properly addressed and
submit diff file to the Akopia team.

Thanks for the help, it is appreciated.

Marc Villeneuve
Inuzite inc