[ic] interchange dead and subsys locked after install of 4.6. 3-1...

Webb, Malcolm malcolmw@upshot.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 18:05:20 -0800

Thanks for the tip, Bill.

Unfortunately, even after deleting the lock file, attempts to start IC just
result in the subsys locking up again.

Any other ideas?

Malcolm Webb

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Randle [mailto:billr@exgate.tek.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 14, 2001 9:52 AM
To: interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
Subject: Re: [ic] interchange dead and subsys locked after install of
4.6. 3-1...

Try doing (as the interchange user, not as root):

% /etc/rc.d/init.d/interchange stop
% rm -f /var/lock/subsys/interchange   (remove lock file)
% ls -l /var/lock/subsys/interchange   (verify lock file was removed)
% /etc/rc.d/init.d/interchange start

I've noticed at times RedHat does not always cleanup the lock files
(that's the reference to "subsys locked").

	-Bill