[ic] MAC and Data Encryption Error

Steve & Patti Getzinger steveandpatti@wubs.org
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:20:41 -0600

I've got a good one here :) I am fairly certain it is not an Interchange
/ Minivend problem but would like input from anyone who might have an
idea. I have a client running a site on Minivend 3.14 that when an order
is attempted with a MAC in their office using IE (unsure or version) I
get an error that states "Data Encryption Error". I have tested the site
with Windows 95 as an OS with Netscape 4.51, Netscape 6 and IE 5.5 both
logged in and not logged in and have no problem.

My error in the SSL logs state interruption in SSL possible pressing
stop button in browser. It registered 11 errors for the single process
request of the order. Figure it got stuck :) The MAC was logged in as a
user of the site. I also tested on Red Hat 7 with Netscape and no
problems. The server is Red Hat 7, smp, Apache (latest version) with
mod_SSL.

Any ideas? I am not the strongest MAC person in the world, actually my
attitude is "We don't compute on fruit"  :) but I would like to resolve
this issue for my client.

TIA
Steve
  WDI                          Steve & Patti Getzinger
  702 Lincolnway West          steveandpatti@wubs.org
  South Bend, IN  46616        http://www.wubs.org/
  219-287-4700 (Main Office)   317-535-0239 (Direct Line)