[ic] MAC and Data Encryption Error

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:43:22 -0500

Quoting Steve & Patti Getzinger (steveandpatti@wubs.org):
> I've got a good one here :) I am fairly certain it is not an Interchange
> / Minivend problem but would like input from anyone who might have an
> idea. I have a client running a site on Minivend 3.14 that when an order
> is attempted with a MAC in their office using IE (unsure or version) I
> get an error that states "Data Encryption Error". I have tested the site
> with Windows 95 as an OS with Netscape 4.51, Netscape 6 and IE 5.5 both
> logged in and not logged in and have no problem.
>
> My error in the SSL logs state interruption in SSL possible pressing
> stop button in browser. It registered 11 errors for the single process
> request of the order. Figure it got stuck :) The MAC was logged in as a
> user of the site. I also tested on Red Hat 7 with Netscape and no
> problems. The server is Red Hat 7, smp, Apache (latest version) with
> mod_SSL.
>
> Any ideas? I am not the strongest MAC person in the world, actually my
> attitude is "We don't compute on fruit"  :) but I would like to resolve
> this issue for my client.

Uhh, upgrade the browser?

Also, this is a known MSIE bug that can be worked around in Apache with
this in the SSL section, I think:

    SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown

I would tell you to check DejaNews, but it is down. Perhaps Google
has enough going to help you out there.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman