[ic] Akopia in PHP

Jeff Dafoe jeffd@evcom.net
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 10:35:09 -0500

> Have you downloaded and looked at Interchange? We're talking about
> close to 2MB and 55,000 lines of perl code.  This represents _years_
> of effort (and probably tens of years of man-effort).  Rarely to
> project survive the "lets port this entire code to some other
> language".

	I think the real issue that negates any possibility of Interchange being
recoded in php is that php cannot be used to create a daemon or any other
type of non-web-based application.  This would make it impossible to recode
interchange in php.  One could probably recode the vlink/tlink CGI to run in
php, though.

Jeff