[ic] Inactive field usage

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:49:37 -0500

Quoting Alex Lam (alex@integricity.com):
> Hi!!
>
> Just wondering, is the inactive field in the products table used for
> anything?

When you have a question about something like that, the best thing to
do is:

	cd CATALOG_DIR
	grep -r inactive *

It should show you where that string is. In this case, I don't think
it is used anywhere.

> If not, it would be a great idea if a checkbox could be
> added in the products listing to mark whether an item will appear or
> not. This allows those selling Christmas items to mark it as
> "off-season" and not appear in the catalogs for a certain period of
> time.
>
> Or if a company does not want to display items that are out of stock,
> then it can go to inactive.

That is what it was intended for. All you have to do is add to any search
coordinated search spec:

	se=1
	sf=inactive
	op=ne

Then if there is "1" in that field, the product won't be found as part
of the search.

You could also put on a search display page:

	[if-field !inactive]
	Display the item....
	[/if-field]

That would mess up any count you have, but would not display the
item.

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

I don't buy from direct telephone or email marketers.  This makes it
hard for me to find a phone company. ;>