[ic] Interchange Mall

Jeff Dafoe jeffd@evcom.net
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 15:44:39 -0500

> http://developer.akopia.com/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=faq02%2e13
> http://developer.akopia.com/cgi-bin/ic/dev/icintro_3.html
> http://developer.akopia.com/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=reference24%2e24
> http://developer.akopia.com/cgi-bin/ic/docfly.html?mv_arg=faq07%2e03
>
> time to find these links less than 20 seconds

	Since we are on the topic that is of primary interest to me, I went ahead
and looked at the links.  I didn't find that any of them really addressed
the mall issue that well, at least not from how I perceive a mall as
operating.  A mall would be identical to a normal ISP multiuser installation
except 1) searching from a special web page would search all catalogs and 2)
the checkout process would become very convoluted.  The latter item was
pointed out in one of the above URLs but no solution was offered (I suspect
that there is no simple solution) so that particular item was not
particularly useful.
	In short, I think the mall issue is not cut and dried, is not a "RTFM"
issue, and is certainly worthy of discussion.

Jeff