[ic] query user selected item-modifier xxxx outside of basket?

Chris Jesseman admin@sitemajic.net
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 21:40:28 -0500 (EST)

Hi

Is it possible to query which color/size selection a user selects on a fly page
without adding that product to the basket?

For instance, I want to have users select a size color combination on a
flypage, click "Check Inventory", and be able to query the inventory table for
availability of that size color combination- WITHOUT adding the product to the
basket. I also want to bring up the matching color image with a simple refresh
click...

BTW- I'm using an Inventory scheme described on this page.
http://developer.akopia.com/archive/interchange-users/1999/msg05613.html

The bad thing is that 170 products in one clothing line equal to 5,414
permutations of available size and color combinations.

Thanks,

Chris