[ic] Admin section without login?

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:08:05 -0500

Quoting Jean-Pierre Parent (parentjp@pjp.dhs.org):
> Hello!
>
> I've been trying to start a new catalog from scratch...so far everything
> loads exactly how I want it but I lost the login page from the admin
> section. When I enter http://www.domain.com/cgi-bin/catalog/admin/index.html
> it goes straight for the menu thingy... Where did it go? Any ideas?
>
> I'm aware that sometimes userdb containing blank passwords can lead to
> problems but I'm not sure if its the same thing.
> No pages are actually served yet since i'm creating templates for the
> store...Is the login part of the pages/ directory?

This will happen if you don't have an access table. I should probably
inhibit that behavior these days.

A good idea, anyway, is to put this in Apache:

<LocationMatch  "/cgi-bin/*/admin/*">
    AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/conf/passwd
    AuthGroupFile /etc/httpd/conf/group
    AuthName ICadmin
    AuthType Basic
    <Limit GET POST>
	    require valid-user
    </Limit>
</LocationMatch>

--
Red Hat, Inc., 131 Willow Lane, Floor 2, Oxford, OH  45056
phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <mheins@redhat.com>

Friends don't let friends use Outlook. -- Bob Blaylock