[ic] problems getting started

cfm@maine.com cfm@maine.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:10:41 -0500

On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 03:36:05PM +1000, Mitchell wrote:

> Hi, I'm just installing interchange on my test development box here and
> I'm having a few problems with the demo construct catalog.
>
> Ok a bit of background  onthe system.
>
> It's a Debian GNU Linux system, running kernel 2.4.1, perl-5.6, apache
> 1.3.14.
>
> I am using the pre-packages binaries of interchange from
> ftp.minivend.com.
>
> Ok so first the install, it all goes ok.
>

> Script started on Wed Feb 28 15:10:39 2001
> root@lift:~ #apt-get install interchange interchange-cat-so
> root@lift:~ #apt-get install interchange interchange-cat-s construct interchange-u

hmm, my apt-cache search does not bring up interchange.  I know it
is there.  I'm pretty sure the debian maintainer is on this list.
He's probably the one to contact first.

The debs don't install on our system either, but since we don't run
standard web servers I'd not expect it.

The tarball is **really** easy.  And a lot easier to frig with when
you make the inevitable mistake.

--

Christopher F. Miller, Publisher                             cfm@maine.com
MaineStreet Communications, Inc         208 Portland Road, Gray, ME  04039