[ic] Slow searches

Murray Gibbins Murray@scotweb.ltd.uk
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 16:45:08 +0000

Company InterNet Services wrote:

> I have a database with 300,000 items online (will be expanded to 500,000)
> Every time I search it takes around 2 minutes, whether alot of items are found or not.
> I need this to be much faster... around 2 seconds
>
> Currently it's on GDBM (the defult database type), My server has Postgress installed
> (but I have never used it).
>
> Is there a way to convert my current database into a faster type (so searches will appear faster.)

Sigh,

Yes interchange can up load info into a SQL db like postgres, it's in the docs
and has been discussed to death before, please search the archive. If you can't
find it in the interchange docs try the minivend docs IKFAF thats it's there.

--
  ____
  \__/    Murray Gibbins             murray@scotweb.ltd.uk