[ic] In Stock Notification

Bill Randle billr@exgate.tek.com
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 12:28:04 -0800

Doug,

Why not create a mv script that runs periodically via cron(1) that
scans the "notify_me" table looking for outstanding notifications
then for each item they are interested in, check the products/
inventory tables to see if there's a quantity > zero? This would
eliminate the dependence on the admin ui upload function and
would work no matter how the quantity info was updated.

I have some sample code that does something similar, if you're
interested.

	-Bill