[ic] fallback HTML pages

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 15:54:34 -0500

Quoting Doug Alcorn (doug@lathi.net):
> Can the catalogs themselves work like the admin pages?  I really like
> how I can bring just certain pages forward from the shared admin
> directories on a per catalog basis. I would like to do this with the
> catalog templates as well.  For instance, if I have several catalogs
> based on 'barry' I would like to fix bugs in them all by just
> correcting the errors in the "source" barry directory rather than
> having to fix all the individual catalogs created from barry.

Sure. Just define a new TemplateDir. You can have TemplateDir
in your catalog.cfg, too. That way, you can share certain pages and
have certain ones be on a per-catalog basis.

The only downside is you do an extra directory lookup when the
page is not found in the pages/ directory, but that is not too
big of a deal unless you have a super-busy catalog.

Symbolic links are another option.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

The U.S. Senate -- white male millionaires working for YOU!  -- Dave Barry