[ic] Execution of arbitrary code on database update

Stefan Hornburg racke@linuxia.de
03 Jan 2001 22:30:34 +0100

Jon Jensen <jon@akopia.com> writes:

> On 3 Jan 2001, Stefan Hornburg wrote:
>
> > If it is not there, I would consider to hack it in. Maybe
> > Akopia can comment on an possible interface.
>
> Stefan,
>
> It sounds like you are interested in basically a database-independent
> trigger capability for Interchang, something like you get with Oracle and
> PostgreSQL, right? So you could define a certain database state (new row
> inserted, row deleted, etc.) and have certain code execute?

Sth. like that, yes. I assume that would be useful anyway.

Cheers
        Racke

--
LinuXia Systems && Cobolt NetServices, eCommerce and more
Shop- und Datenbanklösungen mit MiniVend, Firewalls auf Debian-Basis