[ic] Localization challenge with [LC] and [loci].

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 17:18:15 -0500

Quoting John Matecsa (matecsaj@rdsdata.com):
> Hi to all!
> I'm using Interchange 4.6.1 and a slightly customized "Construction Demo".
>
> I changed the following in catalog.cfg:
> #Locale          en_US LC_CTYPE C
> Locale          fr_FR LC_CTYPE C
>
> When I embed the following in the aboutus.html page:
> [L]June[/L]
> [LC]
> This is the LC default text.
> [fr_FR] Text for the LC fr_FR locale. [/fr_FR]
> [/LC]
> [L]July[/L]
> [loci]
> This is the loci default text.
> [fr_FR] Text for the loci fr_FR locale. [/fr_FR]
> [/loci]
> [L]August[/L]
>

> I get the following:
> Juin
> This is the LC default text.
> Juillet
> [loci] This is the loci default text. [fr_FR] Text for the loci fr_FR
> locale. [/fr_FR] [/loci]
> Aout

Unable to verify this. The [loci] tag is a UserTag and not part of the
core, so I don't have knowledge or control of that, but when I put the
following in the page "t12.html":

    Locale is [scratch mv_locale]
    [L]June[/L]
    [LC]
    This is the LC default text.
    [fr_FR] Text for the LC fr_FR locale. [/fr_FR]
    [/LC]
    [L]July[/L]
    [L]August[/L]

And access the page with:

	http://MYSERVER/cgi-bin/construct/process/locale/fr_FR/page/t12.html

I get:

    Locale is fr_FR

    Juin

    Text for the LC fr_FR locale.

    Juillet

    Aout

and as:

    http://MYSERVER/cgi-bin/construct/process/locale/en_US/page/t12.html

I get:

    en_US

    June

    This is the LC default text.

    July

    August

As I would expect. Subsequent accesses to /cgi-bin/construct/t12 show
that the change is persistent.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

Nature, to be commanded, must be obeyed. -- Francis Bacon