[ic] 127.0.0.1 bug?

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 09:15:44 -0500

Quoting Alex (alex@jdmrktng.com):
> Okay, let's call it by the word "situation", if it'll more suit you. It
> doesn't change the core of it - when you're clicking on a link in the
> cart, at random times the browser responds "host 127.0.0.1 not found", and
> viewing the sorce html, indeed all links contain 127.0.0.1 as a host name.
> And if you're so sure that no one encountered it, then I'll be the first.
>
> ----
> Alex
>
> On Tue, 9 Jan 2001, Mike Heins wrote:
>
> > Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 08:52:59 -0500
> > From: Mike Heins <mikeh@minivend.com>
> > To: interchange-users@lists.akopia.com
> > Subject: Re: [ic] 127.0.0.1 bug?
> >
> > Quoting Alex (alex@jdmrktng.com):
> > > Hi all, does anybody encountered the bug when all cart generated links in
> > > the cart pages get containing 127.0.0.1 in place of a normal server name?
> > > This situation occures not very often and at random times, but it's
> > > annoying nevertheless. Any input on this will be helpfull.
> >
> > No one has encountered the "bug". Quite a few have encountered RobotLimit.

Despite being offended, I answered your question. As I said,
RobotLimit. Increase it. Or have a 30 second pause between clicks every
100 pages or so.

When I mentioned investigation, I meant that this question is answered in
the FAQ, the mail list archives, and in Bugzilla. It is being addressed
to exclude admins from RobotLimit in 4.7.

Please don't use the word bug without investigation. I pay attention to
bugs, and I don't like looking for the word and finding that I have been
unduly exercised. Thank you.

If you find something you think is a bug, please investigate it and
then enter it in Bugzilla *if it isn't already there*. If you think it
is something that should be corrected even if you find a workaround,
enter it as an enhancement. We do pay attention to Bugzilla quite closely,
and we do pay attention to enhancement requests. But I have a problem with
ones fired from the hip.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

relations, for Nature cannot be fooled. -- Dick Feynman