[ic] stupid question-templates

Dan B db@cyclonehq.dnsalias.net
Tue, 09 Jan 2001 22:39:30 -0800

At 03:22 PM 1/9/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>     Just a tidbit - I've been using a Samba share to edit the files and it's
>been working fine for me. It's really easy to edit the pages in Windoze with
>either wordpad or notepad.
>
>Robert Smith

May I inquire of you the sharename parameters that you use in your
smb.conf?  I'm still learning how to tell samba "please do not mess with
the permissions please".  But I am surprised that you can suffer under
wordpad's horrible interface.  Jext (jext.sourceforge.net) is a programmers
file editor written in Java.  Best free editor I've ever used (development
moves fast too).

Dan