[ic] Hello out there SEARCH PAGE MADNESS

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 12:18:56 -0500

Quoting fehler (fehler@usvideocenter.de):
> I have this small problem, I need to exclude certain items from this search,
> the field is called "Xclass", all items with a "b" in that field should not
> be listed on the results page.
> I,ve tried everything even the insane. Any ideas boys and girls ?
>

> <FORM ACTION="[area search]">
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_coordinate VALUE=1>
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchtype VALUE=db>
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=10>
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_sort_field VALUE=category>
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=title>
> <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=Xactor>

How can you exclude on a certain field if it isn't in the search spec?
Looks like the above two are swapped in order, and that you don't have
a "b" in the mv_searchspec value.

 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_coordinate VALUE=1>
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchtype VALUE=db>
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_matchlimit VALUE=10>
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_sort_field VALUE=category>
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=Xclass>
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=Xactor>
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_search_field VALUE=title>
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=ne>
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=eq>
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_column_op VALUE=rm>
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchspec VALUE=b>
 <INPUT TYPE=hidden NAME=mv_searchspec VALUE=1>
 <INPUT MAXLENGTH=30 NAME=mv_searchspec type=text size=10>

would seem right....

I will put in my usual caution that using mixed-case field names is
not a good idea.....it could even be causing some of your troubles.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

I have a cop friend who thinks he ought be able to give a new ticket;
"too dumb for conditions".