[ic] postgresql transaction support

Mike Heins mikeh@minivend.com
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 15:19:50 -0500

Quoting Jeff (jeff@badtz-maru.com):

> Hello,
>
> 	Does interchange utilize SQL transactions?  This will help me to decide
> 	between mysql (which
> does not support transactions) and postgresql (which does).

No, not in the general case. In essence, the logic behind the checkout
pages performs the transaction validation. It is possible to have a
partial transaction committed to the database, though I have sites that
take many thousands of orders per week where it virtually never occurs.

That being said, it is possible to use the route "rollback" and "commit"
keys to perform commits and rollbacks on order transactions. That has
only ever been done once to my knowledge, though, so it is not really
used in the mainstream.

phone +1.513.523.7621 fax 7501 <heins@akopia.com>

until you hear them speak. -- unknown